The EU-China Advisory Group has been established on the basis of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Directorate General Information Society and Media of the European Commission and the China Academy of Telecommunication Research, of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, concerning co-operation in the Information and Communication Technologies sectors. The purpose of the Group is to contribute successfully to the implementation of the MoU.
The scope of the Group shall be to:
- Contribute to a common understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the Internet of Things (IOT) for the two parties and relevant stakeholders.
- Work on joint proposals for a IOT network and technology architecture, including IOT security and privacy policies.
- Identify relevant IOT applications of common interest in the context of the Future Internet and IPv6.
- Identify the necessary and facilitate common research initiatives and proposals on IOT.
- Contribute to strategic considerations on IOT international governance and cooperation.
- Provide liaison with IOT industries and projects in EU and China.
- Coordinate with relevant programmes to get further support for common cooperation (e.g. FP7, MOST and MIIT programmes, PDSF).